Stylish window tinting has become increasingly popular for vehicles in recent years. But did you know that many of the same benefits can be achieved by adding window film to the glass surfaces in your home or office? Executive tinting services offered in the Gessner area of Houston provide an attractive solution to issues like heat reduction, UV protection, glare control, and increased privacy. Continue reading to learn all about the offerings of executive tint and how to determine if it’s the right choice for your space.
The Benefits of Tinting
There are many advantages gained by adding tint film to existing glass. Some of the top benefits include:
- Window tint can prevent up to 60% of infrared light from entering a space. This keeps interior temperatures comfortable and reduces the workload on HVAC systems.
- Executive tint helps prevent heat gain in warmer months and retain heat in colder weather.
- According to the International Window Film Association, building owners can achieve savings between 20-30% on summer cooling costs with the addition of tint.
- Window film blocks up to 99% of ultraviolet rays from passing through glass.
- This protects interior furnishings like flooring, art, and fabrics from sun damage and fading.
- For occupants, tint film provides protection from skin damage and reduces future risk of cataracts, skin cancer, and other concerns.
- Excess glare strains the eyes and can lead to eye fatigue or headaches.
- By diffusing natural light, quality tint makes indoor spaces more visually comfortable.
- Tint options are available to meet specific glare control needs.
Safety and Security
- Window film helps hold shards of glass in place if breakage occurs.
- This extra stability provides time for occupants to exit and keeps intruders out.
- Tinted windows also obscure visibility into a space, increasing privacy.
- The layered construction of film tint setups have sound dampening properties.
- Ambient noise from traffic and other external factors is muffled.
- Improved aesthetics and curb appeal from sleek tint styling please tenants and buyers alike.
- The enhanced comfort and lower utility costs can allow property managers to achieve higher rental premiums.
Top Options for Executive Tint
The reputable shops providing executive tint services in Houston’s Gessner area have a diverse selection of quality films to choose from. Factors like performance needs, visibility preferences, and desired aesthetics help determine the best film type for a space. Common categories of tint include:
Dyed Films – These economical films are available in a spectrum colors, like neutral smoke grays, bronzes, and silvers. The rich tones provide pleasing visibility outward while controlling glare.
Metallized Films – Tiny metal particles embedded in the film help block infrared rays and diffuse natural light. The resulting look is a crisp, clean mirror-like finish for a modern high-rise aesthetic.
Ceramic Films – Considered the elite of tints, nano-ceramic films provide the highest levels of heat rejection through advanced technology. Multi-layer dye structures are enhanced with ceramic particles for maximum performance and an attractive finish.
Carbon Films – For a deep, dark tint level that ensures privacy, carbon films are the top choice. The sleek appearance pairs nicely with professional settings. Visibility inward is maintained while outside views are obscured.
What to Expect with Executive Tint in Houston’s Gessner Area
Achieving an attractive, high-performing tint involves careful planning and installation. Reputable executive tint shops have extensive experience to walk you through the process. Here’s a look at what to expect:
A qualified expert will assess your space, goals, performance needs and preferences to propose the right film choice. Expect questions on planned length of occupancy, HVAC capacities, window exposures, visibility needs and more. Be prepared to indicate areas most prone to heat gain, glare discomfort or fading.
The surfaces to be tinted must be carefully measured to custom cut each film sheet with precision tolerances. Even the slightest measurement off can lead to gaps or bubbles. The best installers use computers, lasers, and other high-tech tools for exacting accuracy.
Meticulous surface prep ensures optimal film bond across the entire glass surface. Expect some work to clean and remove any old films or residue. Next comes film application using a combination of soapy solutions, felt squeegees and specialty tools. The process requires great attention to detail and patience to apply properly.
It takes about 2 weeks for the moisture solution used during application to fully dry out. Some small water bubbles or cloudiness may be temporarily visible. Rest assured this will disappear as curing completes and the film bonds tightly.
Reputable executive films provide decades of performance with very little maintenence. Periodic cleaning with proper supplies maintains clarity and prevents residue buildup. Avoid abrasive products or activities that could scratch or damage the film surface.
Does tint prevent window glass breakage?
No, film application does not strengthen the glass itself against impact. What it does do is hold any resulting pieces in place, acting as a barrier against shattering shards. This provides vital time to exit a space safely.
Can tinted film be removed or replaced later?
High quality film can last upwards of 20 years with proper care. But yes, old films can be taken off and new ones applied if desired. This may incur extra costs for removal labor and disposal fees.
What about visibility at night or dark conditions?
Reputable dealers provide measure visible light transmittance percentages for each film. Any reduction should still provide adequate visibility for normal activities under darker conditions. Added interior lighting can supplement further if desired.
Does the installation process take long?
On average, tint application takes 1-2 days including thorough cleaning and prep work. The process is meticulous, not fast, so timelines depend somewhat on the size of the space. Expect some temporary disruption to room usage during the installation.
What building codes should I be aware of?
Window films must comply with the same safety glazing standards as required for manufactured tinted glass. Trusted dealers only supply films that meet ANSI and state codes concerning breakage performance. Be sure to have existing glass assessed before assuming it meets regulations.
Can you have 5% tint in Houston?
Yes, you can have 5% window tint installed on vehicles in Houston, Texas. Here are some key details about tint legality and regulations in Houston:
- The state of Texas allows window tint darkness for front side windows down to 25% Vehicle Visible Light Transmission (VLT).
- For rear side windows and back windshields, any darkness is permitted, including 5% tint, as state law does not restrict rear window tinting.
- So 5% tint would be legal on rear passenger windows and back windshields of vehicles in Houston.
- However, the front side windows, including front driver and passenger windows, cannot be darker than 25% VLT according to Texas laws.
- If pulled over, Houston police do strictly enforce legal tint levels on front side windows. Fines can be issued for non-compliance.
- A reputable professional tint shop should install film correctly to these legal specifications. Be sure to communicate your needs to stay compliant.
As we’ve covered, sleek executive window tint brings style, protection and technology together to create more comfortable, capable spaces. Before deciding, review potential benefits against your goals, budget and utilization needs. Schedule consultations with top area providers like XXXX Tinting to see samples and discuss options personalized for your next residential or commercial project. With so many gain and little downside, now may be the perfect time to explore the possibilities of executive film tinting in Houston’s Gessner area.